Cheese making class
Program and arguments
The followings are just some arguments of the course program:
- The different types of Italian and French cheeses: cow, goat, sheep, mixed with additives and with mold.
- Other products from milk (i.e. ricotta, yogurt, ice cream and more).
- Milk parameters for cheese production, sanitary parameters and milk quality, PH.
- How to select the right temperature according to the cheese you wish to produce.
- Cheese formation process.
- Milk coagulation.
- Cutting the curd with or without heating.
- Cooking (if necessary).
- Extraction of the cheese mass and putting it into moulds.
- Pressing and turning.
- Maturation (ripening).
- Affinage/Refining parameters choice : temperature, humidity, timing.
- Acid control in different production stages.
- How to flip cheeses at ripening.
- The staff of the dairy, who you need.
- Parameters and equipment for an Italian style dairy.